Thursday, 27-11-2003

Re-build time already...

I managed to get 2 motors mounted in the back of the head... one for each set of eyelids...
...due to the amount of play in the cogs linking the top and bottom eyelid, the bottom eyelid hardly moves.

The upper eyelid flapper linkage is in the wrong place, and doesn't work right...
The 3 spokes supporting the frame on the piston tops gets right in the way for just about everything that's going to fit into the head.

I'm going to try mounting the front piston tops on some angled liftarms, as they will be easier to work with and around.

I got some more Lego thru today (ebay purchases)...
...including the Pneumatic breakdown truck (with the air tanks :) and a Technic control center (very useful for testing J5's motor functions.)

After testing with a voltmeter and cleaning up the battery contacts, the Technic Control Center worked fine... My 5 year old son had a go at programming it and had 3 motors doing things in no time at all.

I'm going to completely rebuild the lower neck and Pneumatic piston mounts to the haed, as well as restructure the head...
...I'm also going to have a go at building an automatic compressor.

prev entry  next entry


This page is part a diary of the design and build of my Lego Mindstorms robot J5 (based on Johnny Five from the film short Circuit.
This page is also part of a frameset, Click here to view the page as it is meant to be seen